The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
One feature I like about seeing movies at CinemaduParc is that they show GOOD trailers. I hate it when I see a couple of movies over a short period and see the same stupid trailers commercials over and over again. (Yet, I have only seen the Superman trailer once, and Miami Vice too. - Yes, as cheesy as it sounds, I know Micheal Mann will make a kick ass movie. The Insider and Collateral were a bit slow, I hope he makes something like "Heat" again.) Anyway, I got to see the trailer for "Sophie Scholl" and it looks great. That Dave Chapelle Block party looked half decent too, I didn't realize it was Michel Gondry directing it.
While I was watching the movie, my mind shut down and didn't understand the meaning of the title. Maybe it was because of the long name but I felt pretty stupid by the time I understood it. As with his previous works, Guillermo Arriaga deals with the subject of death and the people who are left to deal with it. I don't remember how disjointed the story telling was in "21 Grams" but this one starts of a bit jumbled but after a while the timeline is straightforward. Similarly I found it started a bit slow, but the movie and characters grow on you as they develop. Anyway, its definitely worth catching - the more I look back at the movie, the more I start pondering about the characters even though they're fictional.
Mr.Hurc, Flash, went by like a flash. I watched a good portion at "2x" speed on the player, with subtitles on. Its a recent bad habit I've picked up, sometimes even going to "4x" speed; I realize I probably miss some subtitles but its pretty effective at picking up the story line. Either way, the pilot *is* terrible, but some of the other episodes are kind of funny & cute. Its embarassing seeing Amanda Pays' character remembering I had a crush on her back then. hahaha.
So... now that some good movies are out, anyone interested in seeing "Totsi"?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home