domino harvey rental = 40.70$
guess I should've bought the movie hunh? So, ~8:30pm, I get bored, decide to stroll over to the dollar machine to rent DOMINO since I see its available online. I figure, if its good, I'll keep it overnight and return it tomorrow. Watch if half-assed, mildly entertaining, watch the documentary about the real Domino which was a lot more interesting and realize this isn't worth more than a buck. Head out the door, return the dvd, come back home... uh oh... NO KEYS! Second time this is week. Unfortunately my spares are with someone who's out of town! Buzz the lady downstairs - she doesn't have a spare (no surprise). Call my landlord, dude lives in South Shore so I tell him I'll meet him there. Halfway to a taxi stand I realize that my spare car key is at a 'becca's. Get there, nobody home. Damnit. Next door lady should have a copy, denies having one. ARG. So I jumped into a taxi. 26.00$ after I get to the SS, meet up, and get my keys (including a key I never had) Of course, I get to bus terminal and I don't have enough change. Damnit! I run over to the Burger King nearby and get a junior whopper 1.99+tx=2.30$ Run around trying to figure out which bus goes where, ask someone and there it is, the 45 bus to downtown 3.25$ Now I'm downtown, but fed up and want to get home. I get out of the Bell building and in front there's a taxi. 8.00$ Finally home, (1am) Aki greets me like he just woke up. And to think I was worried he would miss me.
I HATE self locking doors!
oh don't forget. The actual rental fee: 1.15$ for the less than 6 hours I had it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home