Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Do you know the way to San Jose?

It was great visiting Amy and company during the holidays. Other than the Sharks game, I hadn't planned anything else at all, and that was just fine by me. We mostly played it by ear, and just went with the flow. And the flow was really laid back. Here are some restaurants we went to:

Maggiano's - Italian food. "Family style" if the only way to go. Their salad is excellent if you can stand the strong blue cheese.

Korea House - Korean food. Unoriginal name, but excellent Bulgogi.

Banana Leaf - Malaysian/Thai food. I love their roti and sauce. For once, we ordered enough for everyone. Great mango chicken as well.

Michi - Japanese food. Known for their never ending selection of maki sushi. Many are just different variations of each other, but damn, they still came up with a name for each one.

Pizz'a Chicago - Pizza. Name a little too clever for its own good. But pretty good Chicago style deep dish pizza.

For once, we didn't have In N Out Burger or The Cheesecake Factory like I usually do everytime I visit the Bay Area. I did however have a taste of some great homemade spaghetti sauce.

Other than eats, there's always good shopping. If you know where to look, you can get some pretty good stuff. I got a couple of things from Abercrombie and Fitch and Banana Republic. I also bought things from Bath & Body Works for my sisters. But if you read my blog, you'll know that I don't have these things in my possession at the current moment.

And last but not least, there is always one other thing that I have to do to make these trips complete: Derby Owners Club - World Edition. This game is so addictive, you have no idea. I don't even want to say how much money I've put into this game.

Ok. I think that's enough links for one night.

3 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

roti is malaysian?
ick.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger hurc said...

well, roti is asian for sure, whether it's originally fro Malaysia, no idea. I know India has it as well.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Joey said...

*&^%$$#@(&^@ Family style...gggrrrr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home