all i want for Christmas...
is my two front teeth
funny i've never heard this christmas song before until this year... i was at the mall (shocking, isn't it) and i swear the stores all pipe the same christmas music channel/CD cuz i heard the same song in 2 different stores... it's classic, from the, what, 50s? and very cute...
of course when i heard the lyrics, i thought, is this a hillbilly christmas song? but then i realized that the song is about a kid who's baby teeth are gone and waiting for the two adult teeth to come in...
i still remember we were laughing cuz deviline liked the song Santa Baby and she would belt out some of it when we were on route to/from high school during the holidays... i miss caroling in the snow, or going with the school choir to perform at the malls looking silly and embarassed but it was all good times... or the 5 years of christmas when we would go in a group to volunteer and gift wrap for the children's hospitals...

3 Comments:
all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, my two front teeth, my two front teeth...
you know where "fiiiiive golden riiiings" comes from right?
i have no idea where the 5 golden rings come from... i hate the repetitiveness of that song. it's ok until 5 days of christmas... then i want to slap someone singing the rest of the song... like a bad dream
Sorry, I meant the song. I love that song! I just heard it today at wal-mart while I was shopping for mr.fussy cat's food. (I bought another brand the other day; Aki didn't really go for it.)
Post a Comment
<< Home