Friday, December 02, 2005

are diamonds really a girl's best friend?!?!

time to chick-up this blog a bit, let me ask a question - are diamonds REALLY a girl's best friend?
for my friend's holiday group photo, we were all there pretty and made up, and the other women have fancy gold jewelry from her Indian wedding, or diamond earrings/necklaces/bracelet sets. they are a few years older than me but dang, i ain't got no diamonds or gold...

my friend lent me her diamond earrings for the picture, and said 'dear, you NEED to have a pair of awesome diamond earrings'. truthfully they were dazzling and sparkling on my ears... Can u say "bling bling!!!".. so i was looking online at diamond earrings - how big is big enough?! how many carats should sparkle on my ears?!

i guess it's part of maturing and growing up... like having some CLASSY basics - little black dress, fabulous few pairs of shoes, a kicking handbag, elegant silk scarf, diamond jewelry for fancy functions... it goes with my image that i own sterling silver jewelry, have only 2 brandname handbags i bought with my own money, 1 pair of fabulous stilletto heels and a-now-ill-fitted little black dress. i haven't really grown up yet, as you can see...

4 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

uh, doesn't someone here have a diamond ring? helluva lot more than any jewelry I have - ie. none.

Personally I can't stand necklaces, bracelets or rings. Gets in the way of sports, I tend to lose these kinds of things, and in general, I see no point.

From what I saw at a Chinese wedding, don't worry you'll be getting a TON of gold when you do.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

thank g-d I have a girlfriend who (I think) would appreciate a new titanium bike over jewelry..

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Deviline said...

Diamond jewelry really is stunning, but way overpriced. and I'm with Daichi - doesn't someone have at least ONE big diamond ring??? What are you talking about you have no bling? ;)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Mary said...

i'll have to agree with everyone about the very nice diamond ring you have . . . ms. bling bling ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home