Thursday, February 23, 2006

the weakest link.

people. No matter how complex codes and security systems get, its pretty funny how vulnerable a site can become through one compromised person. Some folks managed to get away with 40Million pounds in Britain on Wednesday. The premise sounds somewhat similar to that horrendously titled "Firewall" (as far as I could gather from the stupid trailer)

I'm surprised the manager was allowed to live, let alone the family. From what I've read, it does seem that the faces of the robbers were seen - why let them go? Not to be sadistic, but if I robbed that much money, I wouldn't leave a trail for anyone to pick up on...

and back to the weak link we go. Crime pays - as long as you don't tell anyone what you did. If you can't keep your mouth shut, how can you expect anyone else to?

5 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger Amy said...

:) i love that heist story...
it's about time someone pull that kind of heist after so many inspiring blockbuster movies.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

I dunno if I'd use the word love. Yes, its oddly nostalgic in the sense that its low-tech but - I do feel pretty bad for the guy and his family. Heck, his kid was held at gunpoint and was told he'd be killed if daddy didn't help them; and I'm sure the kid wasn't dumb enough to actually believe a thief's word...

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger hurc said...

btw, sounds more like the movie "Bandits" than the movie "Firewall" somehow...

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

bandits? neveer saw it...

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger hurc said...

Bandits is good. Bruce Willis, Billy Bobo Thornton and Cate Blanchett. You probbaly would have enjoyed it much more than Domino...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home