Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy 20th Birthday NES!

There's a great feature on the 20th Anniversary of the NES on Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6144735/index.html

The 40+ minute video is long, but if you were an NES kid, then you will love it. I don't want to ruin it for some people, so you just gotta watch the video.

The article is great too, especially the interview with one of the Game Counselors.

How the video game industry has changed...

3 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

nes thumb? oh man, I thought that was a joke. Back in high school I remember the class making fun of Derek and Corey (yeah, *the* Corey McKay that Zibby knows from Physics) because they had nes thumbs...

I never had a game system until I got the dreamcast & cube. My parents never got us any, and quite frankly I suck at video games... you kids were spoiled.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger hurc said...

I never had NES thumb... until I played Street Fighter II on SNES. That game really screwed up my thumbs, which I still feel the effects to this day.

And yes, I was definitely spoiled.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

btw hurc, I totally blame you for wasting my last hour as I played tetris and sm3 on a nes emulator I downloaded yesterday after reading/watching your story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home