who here bought star wars III: revenge of the moron?
I have to admit, I only saw it on opening day (WHY?) and haven't seen it since. I've erased all memories of the movie, only remembering that it SUCKED. My dvd collecting has also been dwindling but really, I don't want to buy this movie. I'm even thinking of selling off eps.1&2. I probably should see it at least one more time but I don't even want to rent it. (some movies are ok on tv, in the home, not at 2am in the morning when I want to go home and sleep)
a few things that still bug me: WHY oh WHY was the acting SO terrible? (Well, ok, Lucas was directing - and we know he CAN'T - the best film was Empire and that was directed by Irvin Kershner) How is it that these genius mind reading, emotional feeling from galaxies away cannot sense the "eeeevil" emperor next door? How do the BEST JedI get killed in split seconds? Why is Anakin so stupid? Why doesn't he "sense" TWO children born? The Organas were interesting but there was practically no character development there! (Is this because of the stupid tv shows planned for 2007?) How can they NOT give C3PO a new body? Why is YODA the only one able to "escape"? Honestly I can't remember much. But man, that movie SUCKED.
Gravy: Howard's getting me a 9$seatpost. We'll see how far that goes. You still coming up this weekend?

8 Comments:
I was thinking of buying it. But then I decided agaisnt it. Last DVD I bought was Batman Begins.
That movie holds a new meaning for me, especially with all the Batman lines we've quoted recently...
What I loved about Batman Begins was that it wasn't kiddy. When he's hanging Gordon's partner upside down and saying "Swear to ME!" he's pissed. He's angry, he's downright scary. And for this character, I think the rage that drives him is the key. And I don't understand what you're talking about. The movie does wrap itself up. Mr.Magoo (Raz-a-goo), scarecrow are defeated or presumed dead. Love interest, not needed in future movies. (thank G-D! She looks 12!) And, Bruce gets his company back. That last tidbit on the rooftop is more a teaser than anything...
Back in the 80's when Burton's Batman came out, yeah, the imagery was dark, but looking back, Keaton was a mime. He'd get hit, no flinch. Then he'd take down some bad guys, and just keep walking. Yeah, a robot crime fighter. Yipee.
As for tieing up story lines - LOTR? what? SO many people complained about how FOTR ends. It leaves you hanging, desperately. TT has a happy ending for most of the crew, but Frodo is still in serious danger. (I don't remember how the books ended as the movies were focused only on the battles which were a chapter each?) I think Pete Jackson was extremely lucky to get the studios to finance the huge project that it was. With the incredible time gaps between movies...
Spidey1 was kiddy. Spidey2, a little more mature but has a corn factor. ("We won't tell anyone [your identity]") RIiiigHT. But once again, it does have to do with the character. He really is, "just a kid". A troubled one at that, who doesn't want to be Spiderman.
Anyway, if you want a movie that confuses you completely with no resolution, go see something like "Mulholland Drive" by David Lynch. WTF? enh? uh... the movie is over? There are some others, (not as drastic) but I can't think of them right now.
Funny you should mention Spidey 2. I liked it much better than the first one, but that train scene PISSED the heck out of me at the movie theater. Why the heck was that scene needed? To show that the citizens of NY protect their own? Wasn't that established in the first movie on the bridge? That scene made absolutely no scene, other than convenient plot line for future movies;
villain: I hate you Spidy-man!
spidey: but why?
willain: I was on that train that day. and the bridge before that. punk kid saving the city. bah humbug. you didn't do nothing for me when I was dying!
yeah. convenient all right.
in order of mention:
Ep III - Ben bought this for Erin. not because of the quality of acting, but because Ben, hurc and erin all quoted the STUPIDEST lines from that movie all throughout our adventures in Vegas "WHERE IS PADME?!?!"
so this movie has "special meaning" - we will watch it further and mock it until it gets real old; extract more bad acting-lines for our old inside joke amusements.
Batman Begins was a fantastic movie, i like how Bruce was portrayed with a dark side. I liked Katie from Dawson's Creek (what? I was the right demographics that show was catering to). but as a movie, i think it humanizes a superhero, which is done in not too terrible cheesy, expected way. Then again i liked Chris Nolan's other movies, mainly Momento.
LOTR - i don't know what to say about LOTR, except that there's a lot less appeareances by Legolas in the last one. it's a great movie but 3+ hour/movie commitment is huge; before i sit down to watch i gotta clear my calendar and all. Still the scenary is amazing for cinematography (and i keep thinking the little hobbits were all gay)
Spiderman I&II - i liked these, and they are more true to portraying spider man as an accidental hero with some less mature struggle kid-like. but it appeals to the younger audience i think; the rebellious teen, the want for revenge vs the struggle to Do The Right Thing. not crazy about Kristen Dunst but she's OK in the movies. I think well done in general
i watched Mulholland Drive 3 years ago. Throughout the movie i'm like WTF. then the movie seem suddenly ended. I rewound last 5 minutes and watched again. you know, my impression was that it was a good movie. watch the end again, or the movie again. it's surreal but there are a lot of nuances that you will pick up the 2nd time. I actually really liked it, and i don't know why. maybe cuz i was in a surreal mood, or that it was a movie that wasn't just in your face and makes you think.
oh, the "go get'em tiger" was horrible.
Gravy, you're nuts. You're complaining that the movie is true to the books, and that it wasn't as you envisioned. And people say I'm a critic? From what I understood, Pete Jackson got the few well revered illustrators of the Tolkein novels to help with the design. I realize, yes, ultimately this is *his* vision, but you should leave the story open to interpretation. You want to compare Batman to the comics from the 30's? (or whenever)
Amy, I've thought about rewatching "Mulholland Drive" but as you complain about reserving 3hrs to watch LOTR, I feel the same way about re-watching a movie that really lost me. One of these days..
Mulholland Drive is a brilliant movie and makes complete sense if you manage to piece it all together. Plus, it has hot lesbian sex scenes.
Also, EpIII was shit and the best/worst line from it was not "Where's Padme?", but rather "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!".
http://vaderinternet.ytmnd.com/
http://vaderfortune.ytmnd.com/
http://vadercoaster.ytmnd.com/
I forgot about that "noooo". ps. those sites are bizzare.
Post a Comment
<< Home