Friday, October 28, 2005

the price of gold


I was not aware of this, but the current price of gold reflects the environmental cost of mining one ounce of gold = 30 tons of rock mined and polluted with cyanide. Sad. Really. Its pathetic how our market/economy works, trapped in a vicious loop.

Unlike the past few weeks, there are two movies I'm very anxious to catch. "Good Night & Good Luck" and "The Squid and the Whale". The first of which I find more than ever relevant after the recent indictment of Lewis Libby I cannot for the life of me understand how Robert Novak (a CNN contributor) has not been indicted/charged/lashed at. As with any acts related to national security, I think this case stinks of treason and would not object to a death sentence. Yes, I believe in capitol punishment.

Now that I'm attacking journalists, another reason I hate CNN. This asshat of a man, Jack Cafferty ran over a cyclist, dragged him across two intersections before finally being stopped. Yet, what does he get? A 250$ fine? And he still works at CNN, criticizing and preaching his superiority. I hope he gets what he deserves soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home