speaking of food
what do you guys snack on at work? By 3-4pm I'm usually starving. Sometime I have jamaican patties, samosas, sandwiches (if we go out) or, bagels, muffins, chips which are available in the caf. Bringing my own fruits and/or granola bars end up with them disappearing at a much faster rate than expected. Knowing that its cold and I'm biking home I'm stuffing my face with a crappy muffin and strudel as we speak. damnit, where's the sugar in this strudle! but its quite unsatisfying. I'm also usually too lazy to prepare two meals to go...
I could sure use some stuffed pasta right about now...

3 Comments:
it's tough, i don't have breakfast in the mornings (i do if you count my sb coffee)... I have some Pepperidge Farm butter cookies mini size, and single-serving wrapped Lindtt dark 70% Cacao chocolate squares. not the healthiest snacks, but the chocolate square ususally ties me over (i don't think i get HUNGRY, i just yearn for a snack, and the endorphines from the dark chocolate usually help me get through the afternoon).
I was at Costco a few weeks ago and bought pre-packed apple wedges - fresh, washed, pre cut, prepackaged into serving side; i know it's spoiled, but i was tired of paying 1$ per ORGANIC apple in the cafe downstairs and having to weed thru the bruised apple selection.
afternoon sncaks usually include a soy latte or a soy chai.
I don't get the munchies until about 5:30pm. I always eat a breakfast at home before leaving for work. It's pretty predictable - tea, cereal or toast, yogurt. Then at around 10 am, I have a granola bar and water. I eat lunch at noon. By 5pm or so, I'm having water and granola bar or yogurt again. Dinner by 7:30pm. Fruit and/or yogurt for a bedtime snack. I find I rarely crave fatty snacks these days unlike dear hubby who gorges on chips almost daily.
MMm... chiiips. I'm a closet chip muncher. Some guys in the club tell me how they have a soft spot for chips but I always say I don't. But when 'becca and I get the munchies... Miss Vickie's Honey Garlic say... goodbye.
I'm amazed how you guys can get away with a granola bar. When I say I'm hungry, I'm STARVING. I want a sandwich. I want a hamburger. Yeah, a granola bar, or OJ will keep my satisfied right after a workout - but only until I get home. (ie. 30mins+)
Breakfast consists of rice, maybe some yogurt and a banana. Lunch, usually pasta or rice with some meat + veggies, pre-dinner/workout more rice or noodles, then dinner, rice, meat, veggies, fruits etc.
And lately I've been munching on chips/chocolate related somethings... during the evening...
Post a Comment
<< Home