Friday, October 21, 2005

wuss

I'm feeling weak. It was cold this morning on the way to work. Of course, I come in and see its only 4C! I knew I should've worn my full leg warmers (only had knee covers, and thin ones at that.) I guess I'll start wearing my less-airy helmet.

So the reason I'm writing is because a little part of me is thinking "damn, its cold. How am I going to keep riding when it goes below 0C?" ... My coach always makes fun of me because I'm always more bundled than most on the bike rides - but damn, the wind really does a number on me. But part of me wants to toughen up, I want to be one of those hard heads biking on spiked tires in the middle of winter. I'm even starting to get used to gravy's bike. (I think I understand why Shimano integrated the shifters into the levers man - those shifters are in my way when I try to hold onto the bars with all fingers.)

So whats everyone's weekend plans? I don't really have any, as some people are ditching me or not responding. I would go biking but I'm not sure if I can keep up with mr.wobbly. Any suggestions?

So, no one has comments about public transportation? No one gets as frustrated as I do? Eesh.

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

Yes, I am calling your bike mr.wobbly. It doesn't even stay stable on the newly paved st-urbain. I'm hurtling at what I can only guess is a pitifull 40km/h and it feels like its going to fly out from under me.

You live in the boonies. Of course the buses don't come.

Do you ever NOT go to a wedding? I'd go crazy if I were you. Weddings suck.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger hurc said...

I hate riding the bus. I don't really mind the metro that much, but the bus is horrible.

Plus, I love driving my car. Parking's a bitch in Downtown Montreal, but whatever, it's worth it.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Joey said...

I love the bus, the metro, not so much. It helps that every morning I take the same bus with the same cute driver.

Wheeee toe socks. Wiggly wiggles...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home