Monday, October 17, 2005

babies.

ok, I like kids but after this weekend's Yionel baby shower, I gotta say, I am NOT ready for kids anytime soon. Its just too much cutesy fartness for me to handle. Its like, "oh, you're having a baby? You're my new BEST friend!"

I defintiely feel more at home with the tri bunch, but at the same time I think I'm in limbo. Its not like I want to go to the "lodge" or "tokyo" for a fun night out, but at the same time I don't want to be sitting around a table with a bunch of babies. And yet, in most public situations - people assume I'm a student - why is that? Stores, my neighbours, restaurants etc. Its not like I have baby soft skin like mr.hurc there.

Anyway I just wanted to say that it was a horrifying experience. Baby showers are meant for crazy pregnant ladies. Not the rest of us "normals".

5 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger hurc said...

"welcome freak lovers! for only 10 dollars, come feel a grown man's baby soft skin for a whole 3 seconds!"

yeah. ok. if you really try to feel me, you're not going to be able to feel anything for a week.

anyway, I thought the baby shower was fine. I mean, traditionally, baby showers are for the woman only, and is usually done in a more private setting, like someone's home. so I think what was "bad" about it all, at least in my opinion, was the location. I barely spoke to the couple until the very end, not because I didn't want to, but because I was trapped in that corner of the table. Granted I *chose* to sit there, but that's because I'm such a nice guy with baby soft skin.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

assembling baby furniture? Gravy, you hang out with way too many old people.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Amy said...

re: blogspams - i police the blog entries daily for spams and delete them manually (why most of you won't see it).

re: baby showers - i'm with daichi on this one, BABY SHOWERS SCARE ME. i was once at a BBQ in someone's home with erin, who walked right through to the back of the place with the BBQ and The Men. i got sidetracked by one of the moms, and before i knew it i was stuck in the living room with a dozen kids of various ages running around, jumping, pulling, puking, poohing and various other stages of fun.
u see the mom's eyes light up real big and bright when they can talk about the epiderals (sp?) and hours in labour, and the night pattern crying, and the color of the baby's burp.

i know being a mom is the best thing in life and selfless and all. i'm not knocking down the value of being a parent. i just think that it's nature's way to make new mom's go gaga and be JUST ABOUT the kid and the labor. (nature's way so we don't abandon our young i guess). it IS like they're crazy, they only have that to talk about, and when they find someone they will talk and talk about it till no end.

times like this make me contemplate, no kids for me, or just not YET ready? how do you tell?

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Joey said...

Trying to catch up on the stories...
What's this about hurc's baby soft skin? I'm sorry, but...HAhahahahahahahahaha.

That is all.

I've never attended a baby shower. But I think I can take it. I'm tough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home