Wednesday, October 26, 2005

free toast makes my day...

we get free bagel wednesdays at the office, though the ones i like - chocochip - are never here. i think the early ppl hoard it... anyways the bagels out here are more like bread, i miss Mtl bagels (the REAL bagels)

i usually go down to the cafe and ask for a slice of toast. last time the guy toasted 2 slices, charged me 1.25$ and threw in 2 sausage links. (i'm like i only wanted toast but whatever). today the guy that knows me there gave me a slice of toast for free (yeah, 27 cents but it was FREE) :)
can't complain about FREE...

other than that i have not much to blog about except my legs still feel weak from the 4 games of hockey played this weekend, i haven't been to the gym all week, i don't have a fabulous costume for a halloween party i may/may not attend, i'm back on coffee but reduced quantities from before and i bought Capcom classic games for the xbox and managed to get cramps in my wrists from button-mashing my way to some victorious fights (but random button mashing, no matter how good i am at it, still doesn't beat experienced players with all the intended combos!)

oh i bought Kingdom Hearts game for the GBA, can't wait to play it. loved playing it on PS2, but i don't own one, i actually liked the game so much i thought about buying a ps2 to play it. it's an RPG game based on the final fantasy engine but with all the disney worlds and characters in the story... love it.

5 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

maybe you should refer to StViateur or Fairmount instead of "REAL" bagels - unless you *do* like those, which I consider NY style breadrocks. Someone recently told me they have some bananabagel or something that I should try but I usually don't remember on my to my parent's place. Speaking of which, I'm actually kind of tired of bagels since 'becca likes to have them for breakfast. Freezing, nuking, toasting etc. takes too much time/effort to get them back to perfect. Too bad there's no magical bagel-maker-cooker like my rice cooker. Which, after months of use, I must say, is not as good as panasonic. Maybe I was too used to good 'ol panasonics but both my parent's and sister's machine tastes better than this TIGER fella.

grr.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Deviline said...

I love this blog! I feel like I'm at a family reunion! I'm a diehard St Viateur bagel fan myself. I only eat sesame bagels and only from St Viateur. No Fairmount bagels for me! You can even order them online (min 3 dozen) on their website: www.stviateurbagel.com. Yummy! So Amy, you can get a taste of home from the west coast.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

sometimes I slice 'em pre-freezing but its the hardening that I don't like...

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Deviline said...

I found the secret to reheating a bagel is don't slice it. Just moisten the outside, pop in the oven at 400F and bake for about 5-10 min. Then slice while hot. It's like it's fresh all over again.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger ebuceci said...

deviline: I called about St-Viateur bagels. hella $$$ for US orders. It came out to about 1.50-3 $ / bagel... incl shipping (min 3 dozens). I don't quite rememeber.

A definite no go.

The shelf life is 3-4 days, and they stopped shipping to the US for the time being due to US customs delays, making the items go past their shelf life.

Why was I calling St-Viateur and got all this info? I called St-Viateur to find out their pricing, so I can try to replace the not-so-good bagels that they serve at work (ok, free food is good, even non Montreal bagels -- I don't eat the ones from work)... To enlighten the rest of the population. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home