Boo
little Boo from Monsters Inc (my fave Pixar movie) is so cute. i always believed and still do that she is mixed, there's half asian blood in her - JUST LOOK AT HER!!!
so somehow that came up in the conversation, Garv AIMs me: "Boo's gonna be hot." - dude that's just wrong! she's a kid! (then again, mixed kids are always so beautiful!)
---------------------
is anyone going to see Chicken Little? i like Zach Braff (Scrubs), and some of the characters in the movie SEEMS promising, but i get the feeling Disney is Trying Too Hard, ya know?! if you do go watch it, let me know if it measures up to any pixar movies at all, and if it's worth $10 to go see it. (we don't have Cheapie Tuesday here, where it's like 6$ for any movie the entire day/night on Tuesdays).
my rating for movies:
- see it in theatres (worth 10$/person)
- see it for matinee price (first showing on the weekends, so get the heck up early and go see the 11am movie dammit)
- worth a Blockbuster rental (5$ shared between your hood)
- worth putting on Netflix (watch it if it comes in the mail)
- worth watching for free on TV (hey it's free, only cost you time, and choosing to watch it)
- worth watching on the plane (worth watching if you are stuck for 5 hours with nowhere to go)
- not even worth watching on the plane (you would have to pay me real money to watch it

6 Comments:
Well, it made 40 million this weekend, obviously from the family crowd.
Rotten Tomatoes gave it a Rotten 38%: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chicken_little/
I was planning to go see it. I'll let you know.
Both of you are deranged. Relating to an animated character, and saying she'll "grow up" hot? Oookay. Yes, mixed kids generally blossom, but I'm noticing that a lot start off pretty ugly. Or maybe I just think asian babies are the cutest.
"Chicken Little"? Riiight. The movie whose trailer I've seen from years and year ago. Usually that smells like re-write because it sucks so badly. Not to mention you all know how much I love Disney movies; they're the evil empire (ms) of children's movies. They take perfectly good stories and mutilate them. Its way too cutesy fartsy for me.
I believe Guzzo has the 5$ tues/wednesdays. Did you guys notice Eaton Centre got closed down? I can remember when it opened! What a waste. I seriously don't understand why they can't keep two famous players downtown. Its pretty pathetic - since I moved downtown, my preference is du Parc, then AMC, then Cote-des-Neiges, and last choice - Paramount. Its sucth a rip. I can pay for 2 ppl at Cote-des-Neiges anytime for the same price as practically one person at Paramount. AND Paramount always has problems and rude audiences. Anyway... the dollar cinema (decarie) is an experience, but not really my choice. I'm just happy that the video rental at Parc has a good selection :)
This is remarkably similar to my rating system which basically boils down to:
. Worth seeing in a Theatre
. Worth Renting
. Worth Downloading
. Worth Watching on TV
. Not even worth Downloading/Switch channels if it's on TV
Guzzo is now $6 on Tues and Wed. I haven't been to a movie theatre in months. There's been nothing worth seeing lately. Besides, there is a movie theatre in my apt bldg that I can reserve for my own private big screen experience!
i watched chicken little in 3D this weekend! they have it in 3D at the oakridge mall theatre, and part of your admission includes the green glasses that look like the ones chicken little wears. what can i say . . . it was in 3D so i liked it =P
Post a Comment
<< Home