Tuesday, May 16, 2006

glutton for punishment

call me a sadist. i signed up for bootcamp again, 4 more weeks of 4 times a week 6:30am workout...
this sunday is the annual 'bay to breakers' charity run /walk (7 miles end to end san francisco). I plan to run-walk with 2 buddies from work; each year this is the other time to break out your halloween costume - some people (ALL of whom SHOULDN'T) run/walk naked. it's rather disgusting. *imagery: old, saggy, skin, splotchy, discolored...*

so i plan to play my 2 hockey games saturday, run/walk the 7 miles, go to my hockey game sunday afternoon, wake up for 6:30am bootcamp on monday. i think i fell and hit my head somewhere...

on a side note i've never been in better shape (even better than my best shape after bootcamp last year, because i've dropped 2% body fat. i'm on the VERGE of being in the 'in shape' % body fat chunk... so close) at the end of bootcamp we had to do the same test of running 1.5 miles and i managed to pull 9min/mile which is spectacular for me, considering most of my life i don't run due to flat feet. now i've outworn a pair of fabulous cross-trainers and i'm too cheap to buy another pair!

but i wanted to be in GOOD SHAPE for my big 3-0. i know now-a-days it's not supposed to be a big deal, but it's still a milestone in life. man i feel old. ;) however i still get carded for 21 & over and ppl don't believe i'm more than 25.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

Congrats on all the hard work paying off. I need to shed some pounds...

Don't be like me though, if you're gonna be exhausted, take a day off, especially if you're going to race the 7miles... Even though I train at "race pace" a couple of hours post-race, my legs are lead bricks.

Speaking of flat feet, a good supportive shoe/insole will elevate the arches and give you a good gait when running. I like superfeets, and asics 2110's (or whatever incarnation they're at now, I've had 'em since the 2060's) I'm currently on a pair of Cumulus which have less support but they seem lighter...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home