Monday, November 14, 2005

Good Night and Good Luck

One of my favourite "humanities" course I took at Marianopolis was about the media and the role it plays in our society. It taught me about the subjectivity of what we are spoon-fed and the need to form your own opinion.

"Good Night and Good Luck" is a very beautiful portrayal of tv journalism in its infancy forming the integrity that we now associate with it. As a movie, it is fairly good but I felt some character development weak and others, unnecessary. On the whole, it is Edward R. Murrow's (David Strathairn) thoughtful words that left me hanging for more. In an age when the news could take days, or weeks to be fully investigated, the words have more insight and intelligence. I only wish that newscasters could be like that now.

Now if only I can catch "Touch the Sound" at Parc this week before it disappears...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home