Monday, September 12, 2005

the waiting game once again...

well... i thought preparing for an interview, studying, as the day of onsite looms over all the other days... i thought that was the hard part...

but now i'm back to the waiting game, and believe it or not this is difficult. i'd been having talks with myself, saying, ok, pretend the worst case has happened. move on, concentrate on work tasks... who cares.... but in the back of my mind when a moment's peace escapes the task, it wanders back to thinking ~ am i worthy? when will they tell me? how will i feel if they've decreed that i am unworthy? what's my plans next?

i wish i can forget that i'm waiting for a response. i'm trying to distract myself the best i can... but my body betrays me. i guess the grass is always greener, when i'm rejected, i might wish that i didn't know yet. just thinking out loud.... it's my blog and i can rant if i want to...

1 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

yeah, you gotta love the feedback. At least you got your foot in the door and gave it your best. As you may know, the situation here is pretty lousy. A lot of people are transferring out of this section into others just to keep a job (many choosing different fields ie.services) You would think that since the interviews are internal they would treat you decently. One of my co-workers had an interview weeks ago. Called, emailed the manager, and HR but no response. A simple "yes" or "no". Another guy was in the same situation (and he in fact used to be manager). Interview, then no response. Weeks later, he saw the manager that interviewed him in the cafeteria. He makes eye contact, then the guy turns around and walks away. What a prick! I just don't care - and I don't see myself having better chances than the guys I hang out with. Its funny too - of all people I'm the single guy, not married and probably *should* apply for these 200/365 days of travel expected jobs. But I don't want to. If anything I know my stomach won't like foreign food. (Its not like I would go to the Cayman Islands - I'd be shipped to China, or India, but knowing my luck maybe Iraq or something.) And then of course there are the sh-t hours. Maintenance windows. 1-5am etc. Not only are you not in the same city as friends, I can't even call! And last but not least, training. Tri is too much of a drug for me. I need the consistency, I love the club so much! (Although, 90% chance I won't train with 'em this month :P)
I hope you hear from your guys soon... Make sure you negotiate more vacation time hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home