Tuesday, August 08, 2006

pms mode...

sorry haven't posted in a while :) kinda on a PMS mode.. tired all the time, i actually got 9 hours of sleep and didn't want to get up! rare, because usually at hour 7 my back is uncomfortable and won't let me toss and turn and be at peace.

tried to watch Pride & Prejudice last night, was in a comfort-food, chick-flick mode. Keira Knightly is so pretty... however i couldn't get the subtitles to work on my new 50-bux dvd player and seriously had issues understanding them, halfway through it lost my interest and i went to bed... i remember trying to read the book back in high school days; couldn't keep track of all the characters, i put down the book before i got into the story. maybe i'll re-read it. it's a classic afterall...

update on PsychoEx (PE) - for those who already know the background, recently PE had re-entered my life, playing as goalie in my sunday hockey league (was my goalie for half a season last season, i've played against him a few times this season). well i hadn't seen him around for a while, talked to Cathie, who is gf of his buddy; turns out that he's gone back to school so not working so no money to play hockey; plus he didn't like anyone who played at the rink anyway (which is ironic because everyone likes everyone who plays at this rink; a reason why this rink is so popular). my faith in karma is restored once more... don't get me wrong, i like when he's the opposing goalie and i get to shoot on him (call it therapeutic anger management sessions); however, he's bipolar psycho, i'm more happy i won't have chances to run into him at my usual hangout.

update on the ice cream situation: i threw out 2 pints of something. i think i can go 2 more... the other night i wanted milk & starbucks coffee liqueur on the rocks but the milk went bad. i did the thing every girl would do which is to grab 2 scoops of vanilla hagen daze ice cream as substitute. see, it IS handy to have extra ice cream in the freezer. it was delish!

update on the Roomba - for which i am holding a naming 'contest' - submit the name! best one gets used!!!!
i love love LOVE my roomba! i ran it 3 or 4 times already. my place isn't big so i don't really need the remote (although it's nice), but it's just fantastic. i let it roam, when it runs close to empty on power, it will find the HomeBase and dock it, fully charged when i come back home. when the roomba is on in the other room and i close the door so it can do just that room, i don't even hear it in the living room. it's one of the best appliance i've ever owned.

my friend named his "Mitch the Bitch" which just cleverly rolls off the tongue. any ideas?

i've been procrastinating my training for the Half, it's fast approaching and my procrastination serves to generate more fear that i might die and not finish it when the time comes. i went to my fi-fi gym last night, spent 30 minutes on the elliptical (the new kind, instead of a spherical back and forth it was like an elliptical married to a stairsmaster...), then 30 minutes jogging on the treadmill. still feel so out of shape, i'm pretty sure i can bloody WALK the 13 miles if i have to, but i prefer to be able to run half and walk half at the very least.

4 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

I feel a bit bad that your subtitles dont work on your cheap dvd player - but - you couldn't understand English? Some brit movies take a few minutes to adjust to but...

As for your half, no worries, I did my first and only one (now that I think about it) with minimal training. (ie. not more than an hour runs) BUT, I strongly suggest you do your running outside on the road & concrete/sidewalks if that's the surface you're going to be running on. Usually after injuries I run on trails but as soon as I hit the sidewalk (ie. Parc Lafontaine's 10k) I get really bad shin splints. There are a lot of programs out there (I sent you some no?) and the run 10, walk 1 seems to work for a lot of people...

Now I'm debating whether to just sign up for the 1/2IM in mtl and do it to have a reference for next year... I've barely got a month to shape up.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Deviline said...

I've been toying with the idea of doing the half at the Ottawa Marathon in May. So far, hubby has thought me medically certifiable and Chaos & LaVidaSofa have refused to join me! Wish I had a partner to help me. I just may end up sitting on my arse in front of the TV instead!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

how's the back deviline? running can really tax your back when you least suspect it.

I remember one time I went for a decent run in the winter, I was about 2km away from home and I turned funny and my back just went into a spasm. Holy sh-t did it hurt. I had to stop but it was so friggin' cold I had to walk/jog home with my back all fcked up. And yet, I probably carry a bus ticket with me on my runs maybe 10% of the time.

That said, running in big events is fun. A lot more fun than the local montreal running scene (courir.org) Toronto was my biggest race with 15K ? I can't imagine what its like to run Paris/Germany with 40-50,000 participants.

chaos, yes the 1/2im in ottawa is in the fall but from what I remember, there was something like 100 participants. When you're "racing" for 6hours you really need to have support and people on course. (part of the reason IM(tm), the corporation is so popular. With 2000 participants practically guaranteed, it literally is the experience of a lifetime from what I have been told.) Although, I have also heard going to european tris is loads of fun too (when DY went to long course world championships in France - or was it Spain?)
So no, I doubt I'd do it... unless...

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

gravy, your first goal should be to finish. who gives a sh-t if you go under 2hours when the freaks can do it under ONE hour. Its one thing if you have a reference point (ie. a 1/2 under your belt as they say) but another if you're using idiotic charts to tell you your speed based on a 10k or something.

running takes a lot less time than cycling or swiming. Just put on the shorts and get out the door. There's no such thing as "not having time". Its another thing if you're injured...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home