down for the count...
i'm down for the count today...
no, not another severe cold/cough, but since dinner last night my tummy's been on a protest. as in it will not hold anything...
a slight twisty-knots sensation persists. nothing major that i can't walk or talk, but not minor enough to just ignore. i got a nap this afternoon when i left work to go home for a bit. maybe i have an ulcer. i dunno, random guess. i think i need to stop trying to diganose myself...
in any case, the only food my tummy has hold on to is 3 spoonfuls of heated frozen mac n' cheese. and tea.

5 Comments:
my diagnosis? slow down.
my stomach was not too happy last night either. I blame the slightly slimy baby carrots I had for a snack...
do you have any comfort food you can turn to? When my stomach isn't co-operating I ilke to eat rice with soft tofu and katsuobushi on top. Always good to know what my tummy can easily digest... last night the tofu smelled funny so I made some chicken soup, coating the chicken in starch and adding some broccoli...
Are you eating new foods lately that are not agreeing? Have you been eating enough fruits and veggies lately? I find that when I eat too much unhealthy crap, it soon leads to stomach upset, cramps, and general malaise. It won't harm not to eat for a few days if you really have no appetite, but try to drink enough fluids. I find Gatorade helps. Hope it feels better soon. Take it easy this weekend.
Mmm... GATORADE? ?
I never thought I'd ever see the day that someone would RECOMMEND Gatorade to me. Most of my tri buddies think I'm nuts for the copious amounts of Grape Gatorade I used to chug at workouts. (I've switched to Cytomax for the time being - its less $)
We actually tell patients who have the stomach flu or other forms of severe dehydration to drink gatorade to prevent severe electrolyte depletion. It's cheaper than Pedialyte.
Post a Comment
<< Home