Friday, August 19, 2005

some interesting conversations...

so.. yeah, as you can see, the girls and i had a very interesting conversation. Perhaps a bit of background is needed...
I think that it was the first time all 4 of us were online to chat at the same time! And that never happenes anymore, when you have a doctor, a lawyer, a student and a computer geek (living on the other coast) - we live in 3 different cities, 2 timezones and 2 different countries.

I'm not sure why, but maybe until the last 2 years or so, the girls and I NEVER talked about anything regarding sex, or even alluding to it. We deny that people we know even have it. Maybe it's the Catholic private school upbrining (although I recall walking into grade 10 Art class and one of the more "casual" girls were describing an eventful weekend in some details...). Mainly I think growing up asian... I think most of us never even had the Birds n' Bees talk with our parents. Heavn forbid we'd actually talk about any of it - our parents assume we never do that kind of thing, and we assumed our parents only had sex equal to the number of children in the family. I guess it goes with the territory, with Asia being a majorl "hub", if you will, of a lot of wacky and probably unmentionable stuff - to balance out for the cool, unemotional exterior of your stereotypical person of choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home