happy birthday hurc!!!

bonne fĂȘte hurc! i don't know if you actually read my blogs (yes, i know you are jaded because these 'blog things' have happened before, but they we all lose interest and the blogs go unread, undiscovered for years, like bad fashion fads..)
hurc has a picnic potluck party, and i wasn't invited. that's ok i can deal - just because i don't live in the same country/timezone/coast, doesn't mean i don't get to have an invite - for heaven's sake it's an EVITE, you can evite me, ya know! i will cut u some slack just because it's your birthday today...
instead of a birthday gift (read my costco post i am 150$ poorer today) i will do something different and take the time here to talk about our friendship.
hurc and i know each other from our computer classes at school, the whole gang of us accepted hurc into our group. lots of late night last minute finishing assignments, or cramming the final hours before an exam... my fondest memory of our little CS group was staying up late to create our own "cheat sheet" - the 1 page of notes we were allowed to bring to a final exam. Every 5 minutes, someone would email the thread (this predates time when chat clients were readily available) and our emails between all of us would keep us continuing to slave the labour of love that is our cheat sheet.
hurc's been there through lots of ups and downs in my life, heartbreaks and follies, and i've been there through some of his. Even though i live so far away, every time i'm in town, he'll hang out with me, which makes the trips back home very cool.
hurc, if u come to the bay area, i'll be your wingman. funny u think that the girls here in california were more appoachable, even though guy:girl ratio is 8:1. you suffer from the too-nice-a-guy syndrome... i hope you'll find someone cool & kind - someone who'll cherish you and the next minute kick your butt in video games. Lara Croft crosses Chun Li crosses sweet shy demure asian girl.
h a p p y b i r t h d a y ! ! !

2 Comments:
happy birthday mister. Andrew, if you *are* reading this, you should've mentioned it was your birthday. Anyway, if it makes you feel any better I had a pretty mediocre time at the cottage. Swimming was good but the damn wetsuit gave me rashes again, and I got some lovely bug bites. The bike ride was much shorter than I had hoped (and not as difficult). I couldn't sleep much Sat night. Over the years I've gotten very spoiled with clean facilities - not sure where; since the McGill gym is pretty nasty. I thought the cottage life would be nice; but all I could think of on Sunday was to get home, burn/clean my clothes and sleeping bag with hot water and sleep in my beautifully clean bed. *sigh* There must be some middleground. ahh... that was Tucson, now I remember. I miss that place... biking mecca. We would go for long grueling rides; and come back to our cllleean hotel with a fun jacuzzi and pool. Time to start saving...
Well, I did think of mentioning it was my birthday, but I didn't really want to make a big deal out of it. When I first mentioned to some people that I wanted to have a picnic, pretty much everyone said they had plans. Who am I to change everyone's plans? Anyway, it was still a good picnic. Great weather and great food. Too bad you guys missed it.
Post a Comment
<< Home