ugly betty
i've been catching up on tv shows online lately :) it's like having tivo at my fingertips, i can watch the shows i want whenever i have time, pause, go get dinner, come back and continue the show... i've heard of the show Ugly Betty, but never caught it on TV till now... i think it hits home for every woman who still sees their ugly duckling reflecting back in the mirror from time to time. it's also fun seeing the haute couture of high fashion magazines, i think this did right what Devil Wears Prada lacked...
on with more rants.
i would never deserve to own high fashion anything, that's because i have at least 5 loads of laundry at home waiting to be done. yes, i have in unit washer-dryer and i have done laundry past midnight many times. not that doing laundry takes effort, strength or skill; however it's one of the chores where i drag my feet at. any volunteers to do my laundry?
the hockey store i go to had a new shooting practice lane installed - got a demo of it last week before my game... it was so cool! basically like a batting cage for hockey! you can change the speed of the puck being passed to you in the series (from like 23 mph to 35 mph), change the reaction time (time lapse between pucks), and randomize the 4 corners of the net that you're supposed to shoot at. for me the 10 minute demo let me really solidify what everyone has been telling me HOW to handle the pass and shot but i never really quite GOT IT before...
having the chance to repetitively correct what i wasn't doing and improve on what i should do definitely helped me with really knowing how to connect with the puck (mind you i still can't lift my shots off ice)
http://www.rapidshot.com/home.php
chinese new year is coming up (as is the Superbowl)... i didn't realize that we're the year of the Pig now... i swear time flies by quicker every day.
this is an interesting take on Scratch N Sniff stickers (loved getting those when i was young)
zibby says not to write TOO LONG blog entries, so ending rant here for now.

4 Comments:
Ok, I will reveal my weird idiosyncrasies here... I don't mind - maybe even like - laundry. There's something about the smell of Downy or even better, sunshine dried clothes, that is very comforting. And nothing pleases me like seeing an empty laundry basket and piles of freshly and neatly folded clothing. Spouse thinks I'm crazy OCD but it does bug me to see piles upon piles of dirty clothes.
I like clean clothes but I'd rather not smell noxious detergents. Then again I guess you smell all kinds of funky odors at work. (Another in the long list of reasons why I would never go into health.) To be honest I hate folding/re-organizing more than the chore of cleaning. I take the elevator down, dump clothes in, add 1.50 and detergent, back up I go. etc.
Funny, I started watching Ugly Betty from the beginning but haven't watched it consistently at all. Its one of those shows you don't care to miss and I find the mix of humour and drama (both dads) more than retarded.
When does 24 start? and The Unit? ...
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
24 starts this sunday according to radio ads.
i like the smell of fresh laundry and warm sheets fresh out of dryer on my bed - but i don't liek DOING laundry!
maybe i need to find someone like deviline down here and we can both satisfy my dislike of doing laundry and her like of it!!!
i think it just takes too much patience... waiting around. if i clean, put some elbow grease in something, i see the results right away. for laundry, have to wait for washing cycles to finish. then wait for drying cycles to finish. blah
Post a Comment
<< Home