Wednesday, September 21, 2005

a country club ad...

i'm wearing a navy polo top today, with a pair of white semi-casual cotton pants.
coming back from my first SB (starbucks) trip of the day, i realize that i look very much like someone from one of those polo ads - just bring on the yatch in the background, add a "husband" and "son" and we can pose in front of your country club. *SMILE*

*ADDED: i just realized my outfit matched the Bic pen i was walking around with!!!*

i decided that i needed comfy (yet not frumpty looking) sweat pants to wear on weekends when i mainly go to my hockey games. there is such a thing as too-dressy for hockey... weird to be hauling your hockey bag on one shoulder and walking ladylike delicately in a skirt... yes, i shopped at Abercrombie, the teen dept. and i bought XL pants that fits me just fine (and i STILL have to cut the pant legs shorter!!!) but they are comfy cotton and i love the feel - i just wish i can wear it to work... EH joked that the XL pants are for fat kids... i still think sometimes that *I* am a fat kid. maybe that's why i fit into fat-kid-clothes...

3 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Bluebirdy said...

Last night some lawyer dude showed up to hockey in a full on three piece suit. They still let him play. So in reality you're never too dressy for hockey. Granted, I'm still going to buy me those camo sweatpants I saw in a catalog.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger feistydaichi said...

well, I *am* gap boy so... as for being too dressy - I don't know. Spending a lot of time in spandex related clothing, I have two sides of warm-up clothes. 1. Definitely non-synthetic wear (ie. cotton, wool) and 2. baggy I like the feel of slim-cut clothes while running/biking but for instance, that day when I got hit... all I could think about was taking it off. I just wanted it OFF. I just wanted to get home, shower and wear light, soft, non-stick clothing...

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Amy said...

oooh camo sweatpants!!

i've come to appreciate the comfort of sweatpants. just please, anyone, slap me silly when that's >50% of my wardrobe, and i start wearing oversize disney/tourist sweatshirts on top.

i've always associated sweats with frump... but now since the Spice Girls era (horror of horrors, yes i said SPICE GIRLS) there's now "sporty chic"... FLATTERING non-oversize and sometimes even ... (sexy-cute) sweats.

the coworker everyone dislikes, tries to wear that to work, and no it doesn't work on her, in fact it enhances the white-trailer-trashiness factor tenfold. we were leaving a meeting, and she was in front of me bending over to pick up something, her elastic-waist sweatpants totally lowered 5 inches, and exposed the most unflattering scene of her trashy bad red thong underwear. i wish i can make the image go away... please. make it go.. away. make HER go away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home